Hay fever is causing havoc as the weather improves and the pollen count increases. So when the pollen count is at its highest, what can we do about those itchy, red or watery eyes, throat, nose and ears to ease the symptoms?
A simple tin of Vaseline could be the simple answer and could help alleviate your suffering. Many of us who find themselves knocked for six by hay fever have sworn by Vaseline. Applying a layer around the insides of their nostrils as high as possible can help stop the pollen getting into our system.
What else will help?
- Wear wraparound sunglasses to stop pollen getting into your eyes
- Shower and change your clothes after you’ve been outside to wash pollen off
- Stay indoors whenever possible
- Keep windows and doors shut as much as possible
- Vacuum regularly and dust with a damp cloth
- Buy a pollen filter for the air vents in your car and a vacuum cleaner with a special HEPA filter
- Cut grass or walk on grass
- Spend too much time outside
- Keep fresh flowers in the house
- Smoke or be around smoke – it makes your symptoms worse
- Dry clothes outside – they can catch pollen
Or if that doesn’t help you could always try the hay fever injection, just like the flu jab its taken and lasts the whole season. Don’t struggle in silence, contact Simply Aesthetics for more information.